Hey guys it’s Sam, and apparently it’s a fun tradition to keep track of what you’re doing in a specific year, on a specific day, at a specific time. What do these all have in common?…The same basic number. YouTuber JLC released a video asking what we were doing on September 9, 2009 (9/9/09) at 9:09 pm. So now, what will you be doing on November 11, 2011?
These two movies will be hitting theaters today, on 11/11/11. At the time of 11:11, I’m not so sure. The first movie is a biographical dramatic kind called J. Edgar, based on the real J. Edgar Hoover, the first-ever director of the FBI. (Leonardo DiCaprio is starring as Hoover, the first time he’s portrayed a real-life person since 2004’s The Aviator.) The movie focuses on Hoover’s career onward since the Palmer Raids of 1919-1920, including an examination of his private life. Sadly, most critics have been turning their thumbs down to this movie, saying that it lacked coherence.
The next movie is Immortals. Did you think Clash of the Titans was too cheesy? Try this. Years after the 10-year battle of the Titanomachy, King Hyperion declares war against humanity. He searches for the Epirus Bow, a legendary weapon created by the war god Ares (you’d know him if you read Percy Jackson more often) which allows Hyperion to free the remaining Titans from Tartarus and take revenge on the Olympians who brought their downfall. But the thing is, ancient laws prohibit gods siding in war between Hyperion and humanity, so it’s up to only Theseus to save the gods and the day.
Here’s a list of things I did today:
- Finish my hot-off-the-presses Captain Rubber superhero comic prequel.
- Sit out in the hall while everyone inside watched Soul Surfer. Hey, with a couple books and some drawing supplies, you can kill time way more beneficially than watching a cheesy based-on-a-true-story movie!
- Check out these specific books at the school library: The Loser List, Bone: The Great Cow Race, The Curse of the Campfire Weenies, and The Mysterious Cheese Thief.
- Start working on my book-0′-drawings, Sam’s Epic Book of Drawings!!!: A Book of Epic Proportions. When I finish it, I ode to give a copy to each bearing heart who reads this!
- Go outside at school for the first snowy recess of the 2011-2012 school year. And surprisingly, the snow just vanished just like *that*!
- …And many other epic things!
Anyway, I predict that I’ll be cruising in our family room like every usual Friday night at 11:11 pm tonight. Anyway, what will you be doing today, on November 11, 2011 at 11:11 pm? Post your comments below! Check out this sweet new Nintendo Power I’ll probably be bringing with me at 11:11 pm!
Wanna take a sneak peek at it so you won’t be entirely jealous? Not only did this version of Star Power focus on Pikmin‘s Captain Olimar, but this issue’s version of The Score, stated the following facts:
- 78% of people (56% more than all the other percentages COMBINED) agreed that Dr. Mario (released in July 1990) is the doctor they would trust to treat them. Other competitive doctor nominees were Dr. Light (Mega Man), Dr. Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog), and Dr. Crygor (Wario).
- 8 out of 10 of people have stabbed their friend in the back during co-op. What mean people!
- 36% of people believe that the Robotic Operating Buddy of the NES (R.O.B.) would be chosen to help out around their homes. Impressive, but very lazy.
- 54% more people believe that sequels (77%) are better than prequels (23%).
- People believe that Mario Kart‘s style of racing should be turned into real life.
- More people prefer fully orchestrated video game music, instead of 8-bit bleeps and bloops, rock music, and electronic dance beats.
- People believe that Star Fox‘s Falco Lombardi wouldn’t be such of a grump if he dated Sonic‘s Amy Rose. Sorry, Birdo (Mario), Candy Kong (Donkey Kong), and Splash Woman (Mega Man 9), your man is taken.
- 58% more people believe that players should set their game difficulty (79%) instead of being measured against the same one (21%).
– Sam M.