Hey guys it’s Sam and after a long, postless week of waking up early and preparing for school, I can kick back on my first Friday and deliver you the daily juice–daily gaming juice, that is. Yessiree, Game n Vote is getting picked up, slapped several times, and put back on Sammwak! Today, we put our hands down and ball them into fists as we enter the tournament of one of Addicting Games’ most…well, addicting games (also, at 94%, one of the most acclaimed), Electric Man 2.
Electric Man 2HS: The Tournament of Voltagen (much more commonly abbreviated as Electric Man 2, or also EM2), rated Tween+, started off just as “some fighting game” back in the start of 2007. But as time went, the game currently has almost twenty million plays, and I don’t know if that’s just in the country, or even around the world. (Speaking of EM2, why is it number two if we never knew number one?) The storyline follows the namesake tournament of Voltagen, described at the start screen of the game as:
“…where combat teams of varying numbers compete against each other to determine the most powerful being in the stick man universe. The current champion has never been beaten. Any combination of martial arts, street fighting, and superhuman powers can be used to wipe out your opponents. Let the games begin…”
You play a stick man with tushie-kicking powers, as well as an electric glow engulfing him (the color can be adjusted). The challenges range from the robotic warriors, the Replicants, to the disabled but able, the Blind, and everyone in between. I enjoy this game merely because it captures every aspect possible in an online fighting game. You have a good time fighting, not too much of a challenge comes up, and you even get to finish opponents in style with slow-mo moves. What more could you ask for?
🙂 – Good fact
😀 – Very good fact
– “Meh, I can deal with it” fact
😦 – Bad fact
;( – Very bad fact
- Amazing online fighting capture 🙂
- Even if they are stick men, the visuals are top-dog. 🙂
- Very successful and precise fighting. 🙂
- Slow-mo moves are the perfect touch to finishing opponents. Or just being cool. 😀
- Opponents do put up a precise amount of challenges. 🙂
- Lots of range in the styles of opponents. (you don’t face the same style of person every time…unless they get harder.) 😀
- Helpful, but short, tutorial. 🙂
- Impressive move lists. 😀
- Very short time to wait for the game to come up. 😀
- Only single-player; impossible to brawl against your friends. ;(
- No free play, or free-fight, or whatever. You’re always in the competition, even if you want to take it easy. ;(
- Even on easy, the challenge gets a little too hard. Only the master of the universe comes out alive on Pro. 😦
- Not much is known about the game’s background.
The game’s one of Addicting Games’ darlings, and that is a fact, but the game simply does not live up to the perfect expectations. Nobody’s perfect, and same rule for games. But Electric Man 2 would’ve gotten more hits than “David after the Dentist” if it could’ve mended the holes it made.
Gameplay (do the controls turn out nifty?): A (5 points)
Entertainment (will the game keep you glued to your seat?): A- (4 points)
Smarts (does it know where it’s going, in terms of intelligence?): B+ (3 points)
AI (are the opponents perfect, just right, or plain cheap?): B (3 points)
Style (does the game amount to eye candy?): A- (4 points)
Final score: 19 out of 25
Recommendation: 4 out of 5 (near-perfect chance)
– Good role models – You do stand-up? Because you’re making me blow an intestine…That wasn’t funny? Anyways, there’s probably only one role model in this game, and that’s Electric Man; every girl’s dream soul mate, a guy who can stand up for himself even if he has to fist-fly, a guy who always keeps brawling for more in the end, and one that stands up after defeat (that is Sagat‘s idea of a strong fighter).
– Violence – Oh, come on! It’s a fighting game; that’s what violence was built for! Sure you’re expecting why I didn’t give it five bombs out of five. The only reason I took one off is that the violence was…well, violent, but it wasn’t actually, in a way, bloody.
I recommend this game to anyone who wants a good fighting game to spend their day with. Apparently, words with links in them are the new hot stuff; URLs are for chumps. So go here, here, or if you’re extra-picky today, here, to play the game. Can you beat the boss and become the new champion? Or will the only person getting beat is you, into coleslaw like you knead your dough?
So you have determined your strength and returned to your base. Now to answer some questions…
Now, the only thing you have to do is check back for more Game n Votes right here on Sammwak, as well as the other things I put up here!
Posted by sammwak in Action-Adventure, Fighting, Games, Online Tags: 2, 2hs, action, addicting games, armor, electric, electricity, electrifying, fight, fighting, game, games, glow, level, man, more, of, one, online, the, tournament, voltagen